Here’s what I plan to present the students with before we start. I will sprint them in large letters, put them in a frame and hang them on the wall.
1. You must have a purpose with what you write.
2. You must write from your heart but use your head.
3. You must be true to the genre in which you write.
4. You must publish what you write within the realms of Sister’s Academy.
5. You must follow Teacher Frehr’s directions during English classes.
6. You must let your writing speak for you – if it is to be performed or read aloud, you must let someone else do it.
7. You must do your best to make your writing worthy of reading.
The Repeater and the Black Bird (both teachers) conducted a day-long session at The Brewery. In the courtyard we set up cooking plates and brewed a portion of beer (named Mead by us). Beforehand, we asked the School Nurse (the Medicin Woman) to conduct an initiation ritual to open our minds…
soon I’ll cross the world to find you again for another cycle, maybe another rebirth ready to drown in a deep ocean and be softly rescued by your multiple arms